Translate

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Psychiatry: a failing culture. Is there hope for a new reality?

By Jenny Lynn, OpenMind Therapist

I’ve been contributing to a discussion on a forum I’m part of : Schizophrenia: causes and treatment, and today I just had to share the following.  It is what I teach in my authenticity programme and what comes up for discussion generally in the groups that I run.

I realise as I look around and try and find some ‘real’ people that the world generally has become very outside referenced, very directional, analytical, superficial, external, competitive, animalistic ie: masculine while the other half of humanity, the sensing, intuitive, the creative, the vulnerable, the moody (as are the seasons) ie; the feminine has become deeply devalued.  I was talking about this just last Friday on my authenticity training day.  How do we learn to trust this deeper intuition?

 Externally referenced ways of working are constantly looking for social proof and social approval, whereas the intuitive way of working doesn’t need it.  Sadly though, it also therefore, doesn’t gain much cudos or credibility in this external world we live in.  My mission is to pull together those that work authentically and intuitively, or who suspect that this is really where it’s happening, so that we too can contribute meaningfully to social interpretation of ‘reality’.  Quite difficult to market because essentially, we are simply saying we’re fine as we are.  We don’t need extra knobs and whistles to make us into something.  All we need to do is explore our deeper selves and actualise our realisations.  This transformation itself causes others to transform. (Richard Rohr – Adam’s Return).
One thing that strikes me is that our reality is dictated by our own thoughts and experiences.  Bruce Lipton and Rupert Sheldrake discuss this beautifully in this video, which if you get an hour or so to look at is well worth it. Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.